Natural Remedies For Kidney Stones will help you find true permanent relief from this awful disorder. The pain from kidney stones is the most severe caused by any disease.
These painful little pebbles are responsible for as many as one out of every 1,000 hospital admissions. Most kidney stones are composed of Calcium Oxalate; a smaller number consist of Uric Acid, or a substance called Struvite.
Passing a large stone has been compared to the pain of childbirth. Some women say it's worse!
No one with this condition can be in doubt that something is
terribly wrong. Sometimes the pain is accompanied by nausea, vomiting,
inability to eat, fever and chills.
Eighty percent of kidney stones are made up of calcium oxalate and can be dissolved with the following remedy.
Lemon juice and olive oil: Mix 2 ounces of lemon juice and 2 ounces of olive oil; Drink it down straight and follow with a large glass of water.
The pain caused by the kidney stones is usually gone in less than an hour, and the stones dissolve within 12-15 hours after that.
Not everyone can stomach the olive oil though, if it makes you feel nauseous, simply drinking the lemon juice by itself may be enough.
The best natural remedies for kidney stones is to begin to include as many of the Healthy Food Choices as possible. Next would be the following supplements for added support.
1. B Vitamins are at the top of the list when it comes to important natural remedies for kidney stones. Choose a Vitamin B complex with 50 mg. of each of the major B vitamins. Take 3 times daily with meals, plus extra B-6 with 50 mg. 2 times daily.
Heathy food choices rich in B-6 include meats, poultry, fish, eggs, walnuts, peanuts, bananas, and whole grain foods. When B-6 is taken with magnesium it reduces oxalate.
2. Magnesium is a very common deficiency and is extremely helpful when it comes to one of the best natural remedies for kidney stones. Magnesium Citrate - 500 mg. daily reduces calcium absorption and can lower urinary oxalate, a mineral salt common in kidney stones.
Healthy food choices that are rich in magnesium can help prevent stones. These include but are not limited to - fish, rice, avocados, and broccoli.
3. Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6, also known as phytic acid) is a compound consisting of the B vitamin inositol, plus six phosphate groups. It has been proven in many studies to prevent and treat kidney stones.
Healthy Food Choices with significant amounts of IP6 are found in beans, brown rice, whole-kernel corn, sesame seeds, wheat bran, cornbread, grape juice, raisins, and mulberries.
It can also be taken in supplement form as directed on the label. IP-6 from Jarrow Formulas, Or Cell Forte with IP-6 from Enzymatic Therapy are recommended sources.
4. L-Methionine is an essential amino acid that assists in the breakdown of fats. It is also a powerful antioxidant that destroys free radicals associated with stone formation. As levels of toxic substances in the body increase, the need for methionine increases. Our bodies do not make methionine and must be obtained from food sources, or dietary supplements.
Healthy food choices with methionine are beans, eggs, fish, garlic, lentils, meat, onions, seeds and yogurt.
Supplement dosage for L-Methionine is: 500 mg. daily on an empty stomach. Take with water or juice, do not take with milk. For better absorption take with 50 mg. vitamin B6, and 100 mg. of vitamin C.
5. Zinc 50-80 mg. daily, not to exceed 100 mg. per day.
Zinc is an important inhibitor of crystallization which can lead to
stone formation. Use Zinc Gluconate lozenges, or Opti Zinc for best absorption.
Healthy Food Choices rich in zinc are, Brewers yeast, dulse, egg yolks, fish, kelp, lamb, legumes, lima beans, liver, meats, mushrooms, oysters, pecans, poultry, pumpkin seeds, sardines, seafood, soy lecithin, sunflower seeds, torula yeast, and whole grains.
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements